Snowmass Mountain has so much to do. Incredible terrain to ski and ride, dining throughout the mountain and so many lifts! It can be tough to find the best of Snowmass Mountain in a short vacation so to make things a little easier here are our 5 favorite insider tips:
- Gwyn’s High Alpine – Eating on the mountain doesn’t have to mean cafeteria food. Gwyn’s provides high-quality, sit down dining at 10,500 feet. While you’re up there make sure to check out the Seared Tuna Salad, it’s our favorite!
- Noon Groom – Every day at Noon, Snowmass Mountain grooms a single slope! So if you decided to sleep in and missed the fresh corduroy just ask the nearest lift operator what the noon groom is going to be and make sure to be before the fresh tracks are gone!
- Wapiti Wildlife Center – If you enjoy adding some educational elements into your vacation make sure to swing by the Wapiti Wildlife Center at the top of the Elk Camp Lift to learn about the vast wilderness around you! If you want the full experience show up at 11 AM or 1 PM for a free 45-minute tour from a naturalist!
- Up 4 Pizza – There are many pizzerias in America, not many of them are arguably the highest pizzeria in the America! Located at the top of the Big Burn lift. Although it’s a world class pizzeria the real secret is the fresh from the oven cookies!
- Powerline Glades – After a delicious lunch at Up 4 Pizza drop into the Powerline Glades, some of our favorite skiing on the mountain! The intermediate (blue square) terrain is known for its low angle and wide spread trees, perfect for an after-lunch lap.