Considered Aspen’s most popular ski area, Snowmass also increasingly promises to rank with its vibrant apres; a welcoming Snowmass offers endless activities and indulgence.
Snowmass Base Village is a central gathering place for families with a shared passion for the mountain experience, effortlessly blending good music, food and art. The Village is currently undergoing improvements making it even more like one of “the most iconic developments in the Rocky Mountain West,” as it’s been described. According to the Denver Post, “The Base Village is the first ski resort village project in almost a decade and the first that will attempt to break the failed model of resort villages.” Over the last ten years, Snowmass has seen new lifts and restaurants, added terrain, and the introduction of regular summer activities.
The new intended “living room” of Snowmass, Limelight Snowmass, will contain 99 rooms and 11 residences. It’s planned to be completed in November 2018 and will host live local music. The original Limelight has transformed from a rural bar to a music showcase, and has finally landed as the classy modern Aspen hotel of today.
In the new public plaza, you’ll find signature s’mores and ice skating. Visitors can share their passion for the mountain experience while sitting around the fire pits and enjoying the mountain air. A five story climbing wall will run directly up the front of the new Limelight Hotel, with routes inspired by favorite local climbs. And a new Community Building is planned to be the site of family-friendly fun.
Newer restaurants such as Toro (a new pan-Latin restaurant in the Viceroy) and State 38 (farm-to-table flair) cater to those with good taste (pun intended).
Is it Time for Après?
Enjoy the Snowmass live music tradition; as early as noon you’ll find enjoyable bands at local bars and restaurants. Or…
- Base Village will host Après on the Bricks every Saturday from 2- 5 pm, to provide family-friendly entertainment in the plaza. Activities will include animated characters, face painting, the mammoth mascot, live entertainment, hair braiding, snow fairies and more.
- Hit the restaurant at Elk Camp where you’ll find bar drinks available until 3:30pm. Later on at Elk Camp, you’ll find the new Lost Forest which is home to the Breathtaker Alpine Coaster. Fridays are Ullr Nights with plenty of opportunities to play: live music and s’mores, tubing, ice skating, and snowbiking.
- Ski in and ski out at on-mountain restaurant Lynn Britt Cabin, just below the Midway Loading Station of the Village Express Lift.Or ride up in a snowcat for dinner. “Authentic Western ambiance meets gourmet sophistication.”
- Check out Snowmass Mall for the brews at the Ranger Station or handcrafted fruit margaritas at Venga Venga.
- Find appealing Happy Hour specials at Base Village’s Sneaky’s and Base Camp where you might not want to leave…
- The hip Bar at Wildwood hosts Snowmass nightlife and happy hour drink specials.
- At Basecamp Bar and Grill you’ll find “8 for $8” après appetizers and specialty drinks from 3 – 6pm daily.
- Stroll over to the Artisan just a block away from Base Village for some tapas or something off of the après menu (from 4:30 – 5:30pm daily).
- Find both a roaring lounge fireplace and a glowing blue bar at EightK, the signature restaurant at the Viceroy Snowmass, where you’ll enjoy barrel-aged cocktails and New Orleans–inspired bar bites.