Those who know ski vacations know that the really special ones – the ones that you and your family will wistfully reminisce about for years to come – are made just as much off the slopes as on. Enter: The Collective.
You’ve heard about the incredible $600M transformation of Snowmass Base Village, spearheaded by SkiCo, KSL Capital Partners and endeared Colorado developer, East West Partners. At the heart of it all resides The Collective, a sleek, lively space with events, activities, games, art, an eatery, bar and entertainment options to suit every guest. Following is a list of what’s what at The Collective, plus there are exciting happenings daily:
• Ice skating
• Fire pits
• mix6 Restaurant: crafted by award-winning/celebrated Aspen Chef Martin Oswald boasts “fresh, healthy and fast, choose your meal from a variety of vegetables, bases and proteins”.
• MoxiBar: the ultimate après ski spot with ingenious cocktails, notable beers and wines all in contemporary, alpine-chic environment
• Ultra-cool Collective Game Lounge: arcade games, a (rad!) ball pit, foosball, pool and air hockey tables, tube table tennis, board games, interactive wall mural, oversized pin art, plus a center lawn with kids games including pogo sticks, corn hole, live music and an outdoor movie series in the summertime
• Live music, comedy performances
• VIK (Very Important Kid) events
• Speaker series
• Wine tastings, champagne socials, sake samplings
• Morning meditations
• Children’s storytime
• A community space and cozy niches to read, lounge or catch up on some work
Bonus! Aspen-Snowmass’ four mountains offer world-renowned skiing and snowboarding (recently deemed ‘top ski area’ by Ski Magazine, two years in a running). Snowmass’ 21 lifts whisk guests toward blissful Colorado powder on 94 trails, over 3,300 acres. There’s terrain to suit every skill level and several on-mountain restaurants for a lunchtime refuel or apres unwind.
And did we mention that about 90% of Snowmass’ lodging is ski-in, ski-out or slopeside? There are studio to four-bedroom accommodations to suit any budget, any size family or group. Darlings of the options include One Snowmass and Lumin Residences, both newly-constructed mountain modern masterpieces and truly exquisite. Click to explore and book Snowmass lodging.
If you knew the Snowmass of days past but haven’t been in years, it’s time to pay a visit; Snowmass Base Village is unlike any other. Indulge your family in an unparalleled, reimagined Aspen-Snowmass ski vacation.